Monday, April 4, 2011

Thrift Share Monday - April 4

More adventures in Flea Marketing!  I decided to tackle the Flea Market on a different day last week, rain will change your plans like that.  This particular Flea Market is advertised as being open Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.  I've always known that Wednesday was the original and most popular day and it's the only day I've ever gone.  Due to rain the visit got postponed until Friday.  As I approached the usually overflowing lot a feeling of dread came over me.  Most of the open air shed was empty and there was only a small spattering of cars in the parking lot (field).  Did I drive 40 minutes for this?  Gas is too expensive for that, my friends.  I put on a smile and decided to walk the booths to see if I could save the trip.  I did manage to fill a couple of bags and find some trinkets.  From the perspective of reselling the trip may have been a bust but the thrifter and antiques lover had a fun time looking!






This sewing box caught my eye and it included a handful of accessories. I'm cleaning it up and trying to figure out if any of it can still be of use to someone.


This old dictionary came from quite a varied booth, everything from old military matchbooks to potato chips.  I also picked up a few glass bottles from this lady.

I also found a few nice things from the thrift stores and even an inexpensive antique store goody this week:





Most of the above will be listed in my Etsy shop in the coming days.
P.S. I'm curious. Do any of you shop Etsy?  If so, what type of items do you look for?  I've bought soaps and shampoo regularly and I've purchased baby gifts that I LOVE.  The longer I've had my shop, the more I'm discovering.  I just bought some beautiful Easter basket sweets and I can't wait to receive them.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment