Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mango and Ricotta Snack

The January or February issue of Martha Stewart Living had a nice feature on healthy snacks.  The beautiful food photography inspired me to try one earlier in the week.  Can I just say that food photography is HARD!?  I came up with a yummy kale recipe and even remembered to take a few pictures of the plate.  I seriously took about 20 photos (loser) and I might have 2 that I'm not ashamed to post. Kale is not photogenic.
But as I recall, this post is titled Mango and Ricotta Snack so let's get to it!
I didn't actually read the MSL recipe, just copied what I remembered seeing in the photo. "Martha" used apricots but the mango worked at our house! Clearly it's not rocket science but it was delicious.



Ingredients:
one pita round
4-5 Tablespoons ricotta cheese
3/4 c. mango (slices or chunks)
honey

Spread ricotta cheese over the pita bread.  Add mango on top of ricotta and cut pita round into quarters.  Drizzle 2 Tablespoons honey over mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment